Have you been searching for How To Get Jamb Profile Code Via SMS or USSD?
This article on FunNaija.com will show you how to generate a JAMB profile code via USSD or SMS for the 2023 UTME.
The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has unveiled a new method for getting or generating the 10-digit profile code via UTME or DE registration.
Every candidate who is interested in registering for the JAMB 2023 UTME and Direct Entry should be informed that they can now generate their 10-digit JAMB profile code using their mobile phones by dialing the new JAMB USSD Code.
How to Generate JAMB Profile Code 2023
Send the phrase “NIN,” followed by a space, and your 11-digit NIN number. Example; NIN 00236795678 to 55019 or 66019
You will receive a reply that contains your JAMB profile code and full name after sending the message. The profile code is a ten-digit unique number, e.g., 6457281331.
NOTE: 50 naira will be debited from your SIM. Before sending the SMS, make sure you have at least N50 on your phone’s airtime.
How to Generate JAMB Profile Code via USSD
So, to get your JAMB profile code via USSD, dial *55019*1*NIN (National Identification Number) # and send to generate the 10-digit unique profile code, or use *66019*1*NIN#.
After procuring your JAMB 10-digit profile, you have to proceed to purchase your JAMB e-PIN online using your mobile phone.
The introduction of the new USSD code was part of the measures JAMB has put in place to address some challenges experienced by candidates while registering for the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME).
JAMB has confirmed that the board was effectively communicating with the National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) on the registration process, so there is no cause for concern.
NOTE: Use an active phone number that has not been used to generate a profile code in the previous year.
The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has launched a new platform and method for generating 10-digit UTME and direct entry (DE) codes that begin with *55019*1*NIN#.
This is to inform all applicants interested in registering for JAMB UTME 2023 and Direct Entry that they can now receive or generate their 10-digit profile code with their mobile by dialing a unique JAMB USSD code dated by the re-created board.
How to get JAMB profile code 2023/2024
Prior to the previous 2021 UTME and DE implementation or creation method, applicants sent their National Identification Number (NIN) via text (SMS) to their 55019 personal GSM number.
For example, write the word “NIN,” then a space, add an 11-digit NIN number, and send it to 55019 in this format (NIN 00123456789).
The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has started using a new code to simplify the registration process: * 55019 * 1 * NIN #.
How to get JAMB profile code 2023/2024
Applicants can now pick up their cell phone and call and send * 55019 * 1 * NIN# (National Identification Number) to generate their unique 10-digit account code, or dial * 66019 *1*NIN#
After purchasing the 10-digit JAMB account code, you still need to buy your JAMB-E-PIN online using your mobile phone.
How to Get JAMB Profile Code Via SMS
In order to get your JAMB profile code, input the word NIN, then space, add your 11-digit NIN number, and send it to 55019 or 66019 as an SMS.
The introduction of the new USSD code is part of JAMB’s efforts to answer some of the challenges applicants face when registering for the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Exam (UTME).
JAMB has confirmed that it is effectively communicating with the National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) on the registration process and has had little cause for concern.
The registration period for JAMB 2022 (UTME) and direct entry (DE) will begin on Saturday, January 14, 2023, and end on Tuesday, February 14, 2023.
The JAMB profile code is a unique ten-digit number that you must have before you can register for the JAMB exam. This is the number you give to the JAMB CBT center for your registration.
Creating a JAMB profile is mandatory for every candidate. You can also use the credentials to access your JAMB CAPS for admission.
You must also obtain a National Identification Number (NIN) for your JAMB registration.
It’s very easy to create your own JAMB profile using your phone. You don’t need to go to an internet cafe to do this.
Problems associated with JAMB profile code creation in 2023
There are certain problems you might whenever you want to create a JAMB profile code 2022;
- Service timeout.
- NIN registered with a different number
- NIN is already registered with the number used last year.
- A JAMB profile code cannot be obtained via USSD.
- Generate the same account code from last year
- NIN was not confirmed, or no records were found.
These are all common problems you may encounter while trying to get your JAMB profile code in 2022.
ALSO READ: How To Calculate Jamb Score
Possible Solution for JAMB profile code creation 2023
- If you encounter a “service timeout,” try to redo it at night.
- If you applied for JAMB last year, you must generate your JAMB profile code using the same old mobile number.
- Go to the JAMB CBT Center to purchase your ePIN and complete your JAMB registration.
- You will receive the same JAMB profile code as last year.
- Requirements to create a JAMB profile code online in 2023
The following are the requirements for generating your JAMB profile code;
- An email address from Google Gmail
- Chrome or any browser that is fast
- Internet data
How to create a JAMB profile code online 2023
Here is a simple step-by-step on how to get your JAMB code profile online;
- Visit the JAMB website
- Click Register for UTME/DE
- Click Create Account
- Select the blue button to create a JAMB profile account
- Enter your email address and details below
- Fill in the form with your correct email address, phone number, and security answer.
- Click the OK button
- On the email confirmation page successfully. OK button
- Click on the JAMB message sent to your mailbox
- Open your Gmail app to see your JAMB account code
- Click the JAMB link in the JAMB message
- Select “Click here to continue creating your profile account.”
- Enter your personal information
- Input your first, second, and middle names. Choose your gender.
- Choose the date of birth.
- Type the correct date of birth.
- Enter your phone number and place of origin
- Enter your phone number, nationality, and country of origin
- Enter your password
- Enter a password you will never forget. Then click Register
- Your account has been successfully created successfully
- Login to your account
- Enter your email address and password
- JAMB profile dashboard panel
- You will be able to access your JAMB profile
Note: The JAMB profile code that will be used to register with the CBT Center can be found in the first email JAMB sends you.
CHECK OUT: How To Check My Jamb Center
Some common questions asked by candidates about JAMB Profile Creation (2023/2024)
- What is a JAMB profile code?
A JAMB profile code is a unique code assigned to you when you create a profile on the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) portal.
It is used to identify you as a registered candidate and to access your personal information and test scores.
- How do I get a JAMB profile code?
To get a JAMB profile code, you need to create a profile on the JAMB portal by visiting https://www.jamb.gov.ng/.
Click on the “Create Profile” link and follow the instructions to register. You will be required to enter your personal information as well as a valid email address.
Once you have completed the registration process, your JAMB profile code will be sent to the email address you provided.
- Can I change my JAMB profile code?
No, you cannot change your JAMB profile code once it has been assigned to you.
- What do I do if I forget my JAMB profile code?
If you have forgotten your JAMB profile code, you can retrieve it by visiting the JAMB portal and clicking on the “Forgot Profile Code” link. You will be required to provide your email address and other personal details to retrieve your profile code.
- How do I use my JAMB profile code?
Your JAMB profile code is used to access your personal information and test scores on the JAMB portal.
You will need to enter your profile code whenever you want to view or update your personal details, check your test scores, or register for the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME).
- Is my JAMB profile code the same as my UTME registration number?
No, your JAMB profile code is not the same as your UTME registration number. Your UTME registration number is a unique identification number assigned to you when you register for the UTME.
It is different from your JAMB profile code, which is used to access your personal information and test scores on the JAMB portal.
- Do I need a JAMB profile code to register for UTME?
Yes, you need a JAMB profile code to register for the UTME. You will be required to enter your JAMB profile code and other personal details when registering for the UTME on the JAMB portal.
- How long is my JAMB profile code valid?
Your JAMB profile code is valid for as long as you are registered with JAMB. It will remain active even if you do not take the UTME in a particular year.
- Can I create multiple JAMB profiles with different profile codes?
No, you are not allowed to create multiple JAMB profiles with different profile codes. Each person is only allowed to have one JAMB profile.
Creating multiple profiles is a violation of JAMB’s rules and could result in disciplinary action.
- Completing JAMB Profile Creation in 2023
That is all the information I can provide about the JAMB profile creation process in 2023. If there is any other question you intend to ask, kindly drop it in the comment section.
Thanks for reading!